In 1999, the year when the Archives was founded, the institution under the name Special Collection of the Juhász Gyula Teacher Training College was collecting the documents (created 1873-1950) belonging to the legal predecessors of the College. After the foundation of the University of Szeged (when the Collage had been integrated into the University as the Juhász Gyula Faculty of Education) it operated as the special collection of the Faculty. On 1 July 2004 the University reorganized the collection. Since then, the competence of the Archives has expanded to all the 12 faculties of the University, all the departments, institutes, clinics and its school attached to the teachers’ training as well as the legal predecessors of these units. The amount of the records kept in the Archives on 31 December 2010 was 240.55 linear meters classified into 40 fonds.
Address: 6723 Szeged, Szilléri sgt. 12.
Telephone: (06 62) 437-288
Fax: (06 62) 437-288
Tamás Vajda – Head Archivist